Wednesday, May 12, 2010

American in Paris...

So about writing an entry a day, everyday until my birthday... I guess I lied :/
Really, I just didn't have anything to talk about.
That, and I wanted to finish my Woody Allens first so that I could have a show and tell

For those who I haven't complained to, my Woody Allens are two low reliefs made out of matteboard, cut and painted to look like Woody Allen. They're for my final project in design and they have been the bane of my existence for the past two weeks...mainly because I'm lazy. Well, I finally finished both of them tonight, and even though it's not my best work, I'm just glad to say they're done.
I'd like to introduce you all to Misters Monochromatic Allen and Complimentary Allen:



The one on the left is made with complimentary colors: Yellow and purple, red and green, orange and blue, etc
The one on the right is monochromatic, even though it doesn't look like it. The base color was what the tube of paint called "Flesh" but I think the person whose flesh it was supposed to match was George Hamilton's because it came out waaaay too orange.



Ba doom chhh. Get it? Eh? Eh? :D

Anyway, everything else is going pretty okay. Well, kind of, not really. I still don't have a job, and I still don't really talk to anyone. And I failed that stupid art history class. Which is really embarrassing, because who fails an art history class? But the cool thing is that I get to retake it in the summer with the badass Dr. Schultz who I had last semester, and who I was pretty teacher's pet-ish with. She's so much fun, and I'm positive that I'll pass the class with at least a high B if she's my professor.
But until then, I'm stuck feeling guilty about my failed class until summer 2 rolls around.

I decided to take summer 2 instead of both summer 1 and 2 because I was supposed to be going on vacation in June. I mean, I still kind of am, but it's only for a weekend to Tucson. The original plan was that my family and my guy were going to go to Tucson to say hi to my aunt and her boyfriend and his kiddos for a few days. Then Derick and I would take off somewhere grand and exciting, and have loads of fun, and make memories and whatever. But of course, that fell though so now it's just me, my family, and some more southwestern desert :/ Don't get me wrong, I love my family and the southwestern desert, but I would've loved escaping to somewhere new with the mister.

On the bright side, I bought a new dress. It's from ModCloth which is a bit ambitious for someone who is currently unemployed, but whatever, I thought it was cute, AND I get to wear it to my friends "wedding" where the bridesmaids have to wear red. (I'm a bridesmaid.)


By the way, is it just me, or is everyone either getting engaged, married, or pregnant? Like it's crazy how many people I'm seeing who are putting up sonograms as their profile pictures. Not that it's a bad thing at all. It's just amazing to me that everyone is moving forward with their lives. And it kind of stings too, because I'm sitting here jobless and frustrated and all of these really good things are happening to everyone around me. Oh well, maybe I just have to wait for my good stuff to happen, right?

Well, I guess I'll write a bit more tomorrow :)
I mean it this time
Wish me luck on my History final and my Design critique!
And I'll wish you luck on whatever it is that you need luck for :)

P.S. Thinking about getting a job at Victoria's Secret. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment