Friday, June 4, 2010

Mr. Blue Sky

I have ELO stuck in my head. Oh my :)

Oh what a crazy couple of days...

So about two days ago I wrote a very angsty post about how my boyfriend had been incarcerated, and reading that post now, even I think I was being a tad dramatic. I mean, I completely meant everything that I said, but even at that point I knew in the back of my mind that he's tough and he's smart and that he would be safe. Another adjective that I've given him lately is brave. I don't know that I will ever own the courage that is needed to take the blame for the actions of one of my friends. Especially when the penalty for that blame is jail. But I have to say, watching him be that loyal and that brave made me love him all the more...

So here are couple of updates:

- I bought an SLR. And trust me, if I weren't so madly in love with this camera, I would be having a serious case of buyer's remorse right now. Soooo expensive. Well, to a person who is currently jobless, it was expensive. But while Derick and I were wandering up and down the aisles of Best Buy, I spotted the camera, and our eyes locked across a crowded showroom floor. I turned to Derick, pointed at the devilishly handsome Canon Rebel XS and said "I want it, and I'm getting it." He understood my desire and, being the awesome boyfriend that he is, even offered to pay half. But it wouldn't have been morally right to let him pay for my impulse buys so I whipped out my debit card and was the happiest girl on earth... Until about a couple of hours later when the reality of how much money I had spent sunk in. But I have decided to just not think about it :D

On the plus side, this means lots and lots and lots of pictures will be coming soon, and I have to say that I'm pretty excited.

- Also, Derick wants to get me an Xbox. Actually, he's been wanting to for a long timenow. But I just don't know if I'm ready for that kind of electronic commitment. I mean, I do want to start playing more video games. And that's just something that's handy to have. But sooo much money goes into it (this coming from the lady who just dropped a good part of her soul on a camera). You have to get Live, and controllers, and a headset, and games... my head is spinning. Although, I feel myself caving, and I don't think it will be long until Derick finally convinces me. But whatever, I do need to start playing more video games anyway :D

Oh dear, what am I going to do with all of these electronics?

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaay new camera! Lady, a good SLR is one of the best investments you can ever make. You won't regret it! :) This is coming from a girl with more cameras than she can count on her hands, though. I love them all so much. As for the Xbox, I love playing with my beau but not so much that I really want my own. The only really neat thing about it is the interface of Live. But having an Xbox without Xbox Live is pretty useless, so blah!

    ReplyDelete